So a funny thing happened to this very site last week. Justin at Daddy Knows Less, a funny, insightful, honest dad blogger, who I am proud to call my friend, awarded me with the Liebster Award. What’s the Liebster Award? Well, its sort of like a recognition award for bloggers. It is a nice honor, especially coming from a blogger I think so highly of like Justin. Thanks to him for thinking of me.
Now, without any further ado, let’s get started shall we?
The rules of the Leibster Award are fairly simple.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
11 Things About Me
- I used to own a 6’ tall cardboard cutout of Michael Keaton as Batman. I’m not sure where I got it from but one night my high school girlfriend stole it from my house as a prank. We broke up before I ever got it back.
- I have yet to forgive my high school girlfriend for stealing my 6’ tall cardboard cutout of Michael Keaton as Batman.
- I’m a Hulkamaniac.
- In 3rd grade I wrote a paper entitled, ‘Why I Want to Be Captain America When I Grow Up’.
- I wear a size 14 shoe.
- I have heard every joke there is to tell about having such a large foot.
- I have a weakness for cheesy romantic comedies. ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’? I’ll buy that. ‘She’s All That’? And a bag of chips.
- As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, I have been systematically instilling a primal hatred of all things Dallas Cowboys in to my children. I have taken a vow to disown them if they marry a Cowboys fan.
- My birthday is on Halloween and if I get one more pumpkin themed cake, someone is getting punched in the throat.
- In college, I once drank an entire case of beer in one night. I was much more proud of this accomplishment back then than I am now.
- I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of comic books. I know the first appearances of characters better than I know family members’ birth dates.
Questions for me to Answer
- The best gift you ever received? Castle Greyskull. Christmas of 1982, or as I refer to it as, the “Masters of the Universe” Christmas.
- The best gift you ever gave? I’m relatively sure it was something I gave to my wife but you’ll have to ask her because what I say and what she says may be two totally different things.
- What do you think are your chances of surviving the zombie apocalypse? Considering I have already devised a half a dozen possible escape routes for my family, have various contingency plans, and have seen every George Romero movie multiple times…I’m actually welcoming the apocalypse.
- What’s on your DVR right now? Lego Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Out, Escape from New York, Creepshow, Rambo 4, Up All Night, iCarly, and the entire Band of Brothers miniseries.
- The five most-played songs on your iPod are? Sweet Caroline, Starship, Babba O’Reilly, Kashmir, and Bohemian Rhapsody.
- One movie you absolutely HAVE to watch when its on? Just one? Why don’t you ask me which one of my kids I would save in a fire? If I had to pick one? I guess Blazing Saddles. It is quite possibly the funniest movie of all time.
- In 10 words or less, why do you write/blog? Because I can’t sing.
- What’s your catchphrase? ‘God Dammit’. It fits in all sorts of situations. When I’m angry, Goddammit! When I’m surprised, Goddammit! When I’m happy, Goddammit! See?
- The most clever Halloween costume you’ve ever had? I went as a pedestrian one year. I just wore a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Although I don’t know if that counts as clever or just lazy?
- One thing you’re really bad at? Speaking Cantonese.
- Your favorite board game? Balderdash
Questions for Awardees:
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- If you could go back and tell your 18 year old self one thing, what would it be?
- If you watch NASCAR, do you watch because you love the Chase for the Cup or because you want to see an accident?
- What is your favorite curse word? Why?
- Dogs or cats?
- What was the last movie you cried at?
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be (and no, you can’t wish for more wishes cheater)?
- Your favorite place to vacation?
- The last person you thought deserved to be punched in the throat?
- What is your porn name (first name is the name of the very first pet you had, last name is the very first street you grew up on)?
- What song do you know all the lyrics too?
Bloggers I am Awarding
- Analogy Queen
- Good Times Dad
- Michelle Mossey
- Seattle Dad
- The Fadderly
- Canadian Dad Blog
- The Rookie Dad
- Abby Off The Record
- I Can Be A Mom
- Hanging With Dad
Hope you learned a little bit more about me. I think I learned a little bit more about me? Be sure to check out the bloggers I awarded too. Good stuff from all of them.